The holidays are upon us and along with the joy and cheer of the holiday season comes the added stress, anxiety, and the multitude of social interactions that only come around once a year. It can send even the most emotionally stable among us Over. The. Edge.
So, know… resources are available.
BUT, if that isn’t enough and you don’t feel safe…
Crisis Stabilization is available and may be necessary.
A few things to consider when locating a crisis stablilization unit in your area:
- Call around to local facililties to make sure they a) accept your insurance if you have it and
- b) have space available before you get there (if not, they may refer you to another facility and you’ll have to wait longer for an intake evaluation.)
- If you are going to a hospital, be prepared to go in through the emergency department. This is normal procedure.
- Be prepared to stay a minimum of 72 hours (that’s 3 days, so notify a petsitter).
- Also be prepared to be turned away and referred to outpatient services. (Refer back to resources to get you through.)
If you are in the Jacksonville, Florida, metropolitan area you can access crisis stabilization at the following locations:
Baptist Hospital (downtown location): 800 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL | 904-202-2000
Wekiva Springs Center: 3947 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 | 904-296-3533
Riverpoint Behavioral Health: 6300 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32216 | 904-724-9202
Flagler Hospital: 400 Health Park Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32086 | 904-819-5155
Orange Park Medical Center: 1530 Kingsley Avenue | Orange Park, FL 32073 | 904-639-8654
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville: 3625 University Blvd. South, Jacksonville, FL 32216 | 904-702-6600